Improving patient care through professional education.
Our Grand Rounds weekly series consists of lectures and patient conferences and is open to dermatologists and trainees from the community as well as to our own faculty and trainees.
Normally Patient Conferences take place on the 2nd, 4th, and (when applicable) 5th Wednesdays of the month. However, the schedule may deviate at times from this format.
How to schedule a patient for Derm Grand Rounds Patient Conference:
In an attempt to allow enough time to properly discuss each patient, normalize the number of patients coming to the conference and provide a more informative experience for the conference we ask that you follow this procedure:
- Check the schedule to confirm the date for the next patient conference.
- Complete a Patient Protocol form, email it (in advance) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send this information form to the patient prior to the conference.
Continuing medical education
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. (Each session is 1.0 credits)
- Discuss ongoing issues in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic disorders.
- Discuss current pathophysiology and therapy of dermatologic disorders.
- Provide appropriate clinical differential diagnoses for dermatologic disorders.