Undergraduate School: Stanford University
Undergraduate Major: Biology, with Interdisciplinary Honors in International Security Studies
Medical School: University of California, Davis, School of Medicine
Residency: Pediatrics, Northwestern University
Emerging Leaders in Biosecurity Fellowship, 2017, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics.
Career Development Activities:
- Advisor, American Academy of Dermatology Task Force on Drug Pricing and Transparency (2019-2020).
- UW Dermatology Grand Rounds presentation: "Regulatory Capture: Generic Drug Pricing in America".
- UW Dermatology Grand Rounds presentation: "Pandemic Response and COVID-19."
- Seattle Dermatological Society presentation: "The Promise and Perils of Genome Editing."
- Seattle Children's Hospital Provider Grand Rounds: "The Promise and Perils of Genome Editing."
- David C. Leach Award, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Medical Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Course, USAMRIID/USAMRICD.
Hometown: Boulder, CO
Dr. Leifer’s interests include clinical dermatology, public health policy, access to medications, and the impact of emerging technologies on medical practice. In his free time, he enjoys reading novels, doing escape rooms, hiking, and biking.