Our vision: To cultivate diverse, compassionate, professional and inquisitive future leaders and expert dermatologists.
- Recruit intellectually curious, dedicated and diverse individuals with a range of career interests.
- Train residents to expertly treat routine and medically-complex skin-diseased patients in the ambulatory, inpatient and virtual settings.
- Foster residents’ individualized career development to achieve their unique career goals.
- Support personal wellness for sustainable engagement in the field of dermatology through mentorship, collaboration, and program flexibility.
- Graduate highly professional, outstanding clinicians, advocates and leaders in dermatology who will serve the community with integrity.
The dermatology residency program consists of three years of clinically oriented instruction with the trainee rotating through all the hospitals in the University of Washington system, as well as the Puget Sound Veterans Hospital and Seattle Children's Hospital. The curriculum includes clinical mentorship by full-time faculty and training with over two dozen clinical faculty. Residents practice at outpatient clinics, hospital ward rounds, and teaching conferences. The program allows graduated responsibility for patient care, satisfies the requirements of the American Board of Dermatology, and is currently accredited through ACGME.
Please refer to the application process for more information.